Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lesson #14 (Teacher Tube)

I watched a lot of videos at both sites but spent most of my time on Teacher Tube. One thing I like is the categories around which they have organized the site. One thing I found frustrating was that there were very few Tech Ed type videos. But it seems that's the way its always been even back in the days of the old film videos available from the ESD.

I chose a video titled "Forging an S Hook" wherein a student makes a hook using a forge, anvil and blacksmithing techniques. I chose this because it is something I think the kids would be interested in and we do have a small forge in the shop.

I've always wanted to make my own safety videos so that I could make them specific to our program here in LaConner and so that I could emphasize the points that I thought were the most important. Maybe the students could help make them and this could be a venue for displaying them.

1 comment:

Poison Shirt said...

I love that idea - having the students make the safety videos. You could have an entire library of videos to choose from when a topic comes up that needs reinforced. And, I like the idea of sharing those videos with a wider audience, which lends an authenticity to the project, and is great for other teachers to use as well.