Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lesson # 17 (Swivel and data analysis)

This looks like a site with alot of potential if you can find the data set you are looking for or if you have a set of data to analyse. I was going to try to upload something from my computer but realized that all my data files have student names included in them and I didn't want to post that information "out there" even though there would be no real way for anyone to track the names.

I can see this site being really useful in conjunction with a student research project or as a source of slides for a Power Point presentation. Its pretty cool to be able to rearrange the way the data can be viewed.

I spent most of my time on comparing gas prices over the last few years, the number of shark attacks in the U.S., and a look at the higest paid athletes.

1 comment:

Poison Shirt said...

I like the potential for Swivel in the classroom - having kids upload data they collect and then figure out which way of looking at the data is really useful and meaningful. And I like your idea of using Swivel to display their data in a presentation.